Tuesday, March 18, 2008

From the Library... "Confessions" Pt. 1

This most recent read came by way of the great BSC. Now this type of book is not my usual brand of vodka, but Doodah approached me during a veritable perfect storm. The title in question is Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins. The reasons are too many to enumerate why I wouldn't usually read a book of this nature. However, the perfect storm came in the form of a History Channel show about secret societies followed by quite a conversation based on conspiracy theories. The book was introduced to me the next day.



Without going to deep in detail, I will give you the "reader response options":

1. You believe the things in this book, and are disturbed if not a little nauseous.
2. You do not believe the things in this book, and curse it as inflammatory and anti-American.
3. You have no opinion because you don't understand it.
4. You have no opinion because you don't care.

Regardless of any feelings one may have regarding the ideas in this book, you are guaranteed to take part in some great conversations with other people who have read the book or are interested in it.

As for myself, I am inclined to believe many of the things in this book in conjunction with other books, shows, and personal observations. So that this post does not take too much of my dear readers' time, I will cut it short here and be back another day with more intricate thoughts.

2 comments:

bscarter said...

For fairness, the government's (flimsy) response here:

bscarter said...

Ugh...
http://usinfo.state.gov/media/Archive/2006/Feb/02-767147.html